If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs are eggactly what you need – especially when they are in this eggciting little dessert. They are a great source of high quality protein, they contain 13 essential vitamins and minerals, all nine essential amino acids, selenium, phosphorus, riboflavin, lutein and choline. Silk tofu has many of the same properties as eggs, it also contains protein, essential amino acids, selenium and phosphorus. Eggs have definitely laid their goodness in these eggceedingly tasty layers.
The recipe can be found here -
For the Bread Base
- 360 milliliters warm water
- 7 grams active dry yeast
- 1 piece whole egg
- 3 pieces egg whites
- 62,5 milliliters olive oil
- 450 grams gluten-free bread mix
- 250 milliliters light espresso
- Combine yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the egg, egg whites, olive oil, and gluten-free bread mix.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased springform pan. Leave to rise for about an hour.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 175C/350F for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and set on a cooling rack until cool enough to handle.
- Take the bread off the pan and slice in half crosswise.
- Soak bread halves in espresso.
For the Custard & Topping
- 400 grams silk tofu
- 4 pieces egg yolks
- 90 milliliters maple syrup
- 15 milliliters vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Combine the tofu, egg yolks, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour the contents of the blender to a heat-proof bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water, whisking continuously until custard has thickened – 3 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble the Tiramisu Set one half of the bread back in the springform pan
- Top with half of the prepared custard.
- Set the other bread half on top.
- Pour remaining custard on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder.