If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wildly popular with the vegetarian community, a Gazpacho is a chilled dish that over the years has had so many versions and interpretations making its way into our kitchens, recipe books and cooking shows. It’s the smoky flavour of this recipe that takes it to a whole new level – making it equally delicious served warmed or chilled. Don’t be intimidated by the need of smoking equipment, you can achieve similar results in your oven. And the addition of sweet apple? What a souper idea, yes please!
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/smoked-tomato-and-apple-gazpacho/
- 300 grams Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 50 grams red bell pepper, deseeded and cut in half
- 75 grams white onion, peeled and cut in half
- 25 grams garlic, top chopped off
- 150 grams apple, cored and quartered
- 30 milliliters olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Spread the tomatoes, bell pepper, white onion, garlic, and apple in a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Put in a smoker for 45 minutes or roast for 25 minutes in an oven set to 180C/360F.
- Press flesh of garlic out of its skin and put in a blender with the rest of the roasted ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Serve hot or chilled with a topping of fresh chopped basil and a sprinkle of paprika.