If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sicilian pizza is known for its spongy and thick crust. This can be hard to achieve when you are avoiding gluten, but this is the right recipe to accomplish that goal. Tomatoes, anchovies and cheese top this pizza to form the perfect marriage of ingredients. On top of the crust being gluten free, the anchovies are heart healthy and good for lowering bad cholesterol. When tomatoes are combined with good fats, like those found in anchovies, it helps the body’s absorption of carotenoid phytochemicals that are said to help prevent cancer and improve cardiovascular health. Adding all these ingredients to your diet will keep your heart feeling good for many years to come, just like a good Sicilian marriage.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/gluten-free-sicilian-pizza/
For the Pizza Dough
- 220 grams brown rice flour
- 80 grams potato starch
- 25 grams tapioca starch
- 40 grams cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2,5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 15 milliliters maple syrup
- 50 milliliters olive oil
For the Toppings
- 140 grams mozzarella cheese
- 80 grams Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 40 grams anchovy fillets
- 15 grams garlic, minced
- Stir the yeast and maple syrup with 1 cup of warm water.
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together the brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cornmeal, salt, and xanthan gum in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the active yeast mixture, and olive oil. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Turn the dough on a work surface and knead for 5-7 minutes.
- Set the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C/425F.
- Prepare a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush with olive oil and dust with cornmeal. Set the dough onto the pan and press into a crust.
- Pre-bake the crust for 5-7 minutes.
- Take the crust out of the oven and put the toppings on.
- Finish baking for another 10-15 minutes.
More Great Recipes: