If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aaaah, facon (or fake bacon). Some are hit-and-miss, but because bacon is the one thing most people miss when switching to a vegetarian or vegan way-of-life, it’s expected a fitting alternative is created. The others you may have attempted can trot along, because here is a recipe that not only offers a completely meat-free bacon, but one that is low in fat and overall calories. To mimic the intoxicating aroma that we have come to love in the real thing, we used a combination of liquid smoke and paprika to achieve similar results cleverly using rice paper. While it takes a little longer, the efforts will be worth it – and your hips will thank you. And, so will Peppa.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter... —Nikki Brown
grams rice paper
teaspoons miso paste
milliliters sesame oil
milliliters light sodium soy sauce (gluten free optional)
teaspoon liquid smoke
teaspoons maple syrup
teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients except for the rice paper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Stack 2 pieces of rice paper and hydrate in a bowl of cold water until slightly soft and pliable.
- Cut the hydrated rice paper into strips using a pizza wheel.
- Dip each strip in the soy mixture.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper directly over your oven grill.
- Lay seasoned rice paper strips on the wax paper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 205C/400F.