Author Notes: Curry is the quiet, unassuming little spice that doesn’t get talked about enough. It is packaged as a spice, but it has so many super powers that it should have its own healthy comic book. If you are in pain you can call on curry to help. If you want to boost your immune system or maybe your bone health, curry is what you need. It’s ready to protect you against heart disease and help fight Alzheimer’s symptoms.
In this recipe, we pair this superhero with a sidekick called, “Pasta”. This gluten-free alternative is a giant help when curry needs a tasty accomplice. Try this pasta dish with your family for an exciting, action packed adventure. The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/gluten-free-red-curry-linguini/ —Nikki Brown
grams rice noodles
milliliters coconut milk
grams red curry paste
milliliters fish sauce
piece lime, juiced
teaspoon Thai basil
grams cilantro, roughly chopped
milliliters coconut oil
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Roast the curry paste until aromatic. About 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer to thicken slightly. About 3 minutes.
- Season with lime juice and fish sauce.
- Drain the noodles and stir into the sauce. Simmer until al dente, stirring constantly. Add more water if the pan dries out.
- Serve with additional basil and lime wedges.