If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Your family will be none the wiser when you offer up this vegan mac and “cheese”. The pureed squash mimics the creamy texture a traditional cheese sauce would offer, and since it is made using gluten-free macaroni shells, you could confidently serve it to gluten-intolerant folks as well as those on a calorie-restricted diet. With a supper that will mac everyone smile, you are certainly squashing the belief that cheese is necessary at all…
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/vegetarian-mac-cheese/
- 500 grams squash, cut into 1” chunks
- 250 milliliters vegetable stock
- 375 milliliters fresh milk
- 500 grams uncooked gluten-free macaroni shells
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece Parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine milk, vegetable stock, and squash in a pot. Boil until squash is fork tender. Puree until free from lumps.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the squash puree.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
More Great Recipes: