Author Notes: Your family will be none the wiser when you offer up this vegan mac and “cheese”. The pureed squash mimics the creamy texture a traditional cheese sauce would offer, and since it is made using gluten-free macaroni shells, you could confidently serve it to gluten-intolerant folks as well as those on a calorie-restricted diet. With a supper that will mac everyone smile, you are certainly squashing the belief that cheese is necessary at all…
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/vegetarian-mac-cheese/
grams squash, cut into 1” chunks
milliliters vegetable stock
milliliters fresh milk
grams uncooked gluten-free macaroni shells
teaspoon cayenne pepper
teaspoon nutmeg powder
piece Parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine milk, vegetable stock, and squash in a pot. Boil until squash is fork tender. Puree until free from lumps.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the squash puree.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.