Author Notes: I don't like pears, but I see people cooking with them on instagram and got FOMO. This is a sweet, simple little recipe that is elegant, romantic and delicious. All from a fruit that I couldn't stand. —SEB Market BK
tablespoon Unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Take a pear and cut in half, lengthwise. Dont pull off the stem or cut out the seeds. Put each half on its own piece of foil.
- Zigzag about a teaspoon of honey on each half, then put a pat of butter in the middle of each pear. Wrap securely. Place the pear halves cut side down on the rack. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Put a wrapped pear half in a bowl and open the foil carefully. You should see a translucent, soft version of a pear in its own buttery, honey sweet juices dying to be eaten. Resist.
- Once you've arranged the pear in the bowl (you may want to keep the foil as decoration) squeeze 1/4 of a lemon over it, then sprinkle it with cinnamon and serve.
- This is perfect alone, but if you want you can hollow out the pear and add ice cream or sorbet. Or a little splash of brandy.