If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't like pears, but I see people cooking with them on instagram and got FOMO. This is a sweet, simple little recipe that is elegant, romantic and delicious. All from a fruit that I couldn't stand. —SEB Market BK
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 Lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Take a pear and cut in half, lengthwise. Dont pull off the stem or cut out the seeds. Put each half on its own piece of foil.
- Zigzag about a teaspoon of honey on each half, then put a pat of butter in the middle of each pear. Wrap securely. Place the pear halves cut side down on the rack. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Put a wrapped pear half in a bowl and open the foil carefully. You should see a translucent, soft version of a pear in its own buttery, honey sweet juices dying to be eaten. Resist.
- Once you've arranged the pear in the bowl (you may want to keep the foil as decoration) squeeze 1/4 of a lemon over it, then sprinkle it with cinnamon and serve.
- This is perfect alone, but if you want you can hollow out the pear and add ice cream or sorbet. Or a little splash of brandy.