Author Notes: Maple Pecan Tea Cookies are infused with maple extract and loads of chopped pecans. Crescent shaped or in ball form, these cookies have just a touch of sweetness with a light + buttery texture just like a traditional tea cookie should be! —Oat&Sesame
cup finely chopped pecans
cup all-purpose flour, sifted
tablespoon granulated sugar
tablespoon maple extract
cup butter, room temp
powdered sugar (to roll in after baking)
- Give the softened butter and maple extract a mix in medium bowl.
- Blend all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to the butter and maple extract. Mix until soft clumps form and start to stick together.
- Form dough into 1-2" balls and place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Chill the dough balls for 45 min. Chilling them helps keep the round shape.
- Bake at 400F for 12-15 min.
- Let cool slightly, then roll in powdered sugar while still warm.