If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So, chocolate bacon desserts may have lost their novelty. A Google search will bring up an overwhelming array of mindless, repetitive recipes that require little to no baking skills. This recipe has respectable intrigue. The cayenne adds warmth and transforms this cookie into an adult offering that begs for a bottle of Red. The cookie base and chocolate can also be a canvas for a non-bacon treat; think dried fruit and nuts. —janet voris
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temp
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Southern Comfort
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 12 ounces (2 cups) Semisweet or milk choclate chips
- 12 Slices thick sliced bacon, cooked crisp and broken in pieces.
- Coarse salt or coarse sugar or a combination of both, optional
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375* Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add Southern Comfort and combine well.
- Add flour and mix until just combined
- Spread evenly onto 15x10" ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 17 minutes until well browned
- Remove from oven and immediately top with chocolate chips. Let them sit a bit then spread with an offset spatula while they melt.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Top with bacon and press in a bit. Sprinkle with Salt and/or sugar, if using.
- Let cool completely. Cut into 48 pieces or break apart into irregular shapes.
More Great Recipes: