If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started with the Karli Kloss/Rachael Ray Perfect 10 cookie recipe but tweaked it to make it less oily, more protein-packed, easier to bake, better for breakfast and even better tasting. I'm not the hugest fan of agave, so I made these with equal parts agave and honey. They were also very oily yet didn't stick together, so I used tahini to help bind them. Dried cherries, raisins, figs and wheat germ are options for adding fiber, though I left in some chocolate just for the sheer joy of it. I also didn't like having to wrestle the batter into cookies, so I made them into breakfast bars. I now stand by the results! —Grace
Makes 16 large bars
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill superfine almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs or raisins
- 1/8 cup golden flax seeds (optional)
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (less if table salt)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lay parchment paper over a 13"x9" baking dish. Grease the parchment paper and leave edges of paper hanging over dish for easy removal after baking.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in mixer; blend for several minutes till fully integrated.
- Slowly add dry mixture into wet mixture. Because there are no eggs, feel free to taste the batter and adjust to your liking!
- Spread mixture into baking dish. Push down firmly and into corners to remove air pockets. Try to make the batter as level as possible given its chunky nature.
- Bake for 30 mins or so until the top is golden brown. Rotate if your oven in uneven.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, slice bars in baking dish into appropriate sizes for you. Lift paper out of dish and gently split bars apart. Store in tupperware.