If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy and full of goodness, this is a delicious soup with Middle Eastern flavours! Cooking this lentil soup is so quick and easy, you'll love it! —Sara @ Gathering Dreams
- 1 1/2 cups red split lentils
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch finely chopped parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
- Rinse the lentils and drain.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add the finely chopped onion and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the drained lentils to the pot and stir for one minute. Then, add the water, salt, cumin, pepper and turmeric.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil and let simmer for 20 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Sprinkle the soup with finely chopped parsley and serve with a lemon wedge.
- Squeeze in the lemon just before eating.