If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hearty chili for cold nights filled with green tomato, black bean and corn. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 15 ounces can black beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 pound green tomatoes, chopped
- sour cream and cilantro as garnish
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until they soften. Stir in garlic and pork. Cook until pork browns, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir to coat and let cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add in black beans and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in corn and almost all the tomatoes, leaving a few for a garnish. Simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes, until tomatoes have softened but still keep their nice green color.
- Serve chili with a dollop of sour cream, some cilantro, and a few fresh green tomatoes on top.