If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect contrast to some of Thanksgiving's heavier offerings, this light and super-quick dish is vibrant with two types of citrus and just a hint of butter and sugar.
More pictures and tips are at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/11/14/light-citrus-sweet-potatoes-in-the-microwave/ —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on paper towels or a plate for 20-25 minutes until very soft all the way through.
- When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, remove the skin and place the flesh of the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Use a fork to lightly mash the potatoes into the seasonings, then taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings to your preference - add more of anything you'd like!
- Spread the mixture into a small baking dish (mine was 8x8 for these pictures), and microwave for 10 minutes more to heat through. Or, bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite meal. Enjoy!
- This can be made ahead! Make the dish up to the last heating step, then keep in the fridge for a few days before you'd like to serve them. Allow a bit of extra time to heat them through, maybe 15 minutes in the microwave and 30 in the oven if they are coming straight out of the fridge.