If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My kids love this, my friends do too. It's comfort food! Its seems like a lot of ingredients, but trust me, this is so easy and satisfying... —anne
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 pint chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 pint coconut cream
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 red onions
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 4 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces. Make a marinade by mixing the chopped coriander (save some sprigs for the garnish), red curry paste, tandoori paste, chopped garlic, gram masala, salt, grated ginger and yogurt. Mix the chicken with the marinade, cover with clingfilm and let it sit, for as long as you can, even overnight
- heat the ghee with the oil in a non-stick deep pan. Fry the marinated chicken until it is nicely browned
- meanwhile, chop all the vegetables into bitesize pieces, the onions in half-moons. Take the chicken out of the pan and add the onions. Cook until soft and add all the other vegetables
- put the chicken back with the veggies, add the canned tomatoes, coconut and (homemade) chicken stock. Give it a nice stir and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- To serve: sprinkle with some fresh coriander, toasted almond slivers and some spoonfuls of double cream. Very nice with basmati rice or naan bread. Bon appétit !