If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs baked inside a hollowed out tomato, topped with crispy prosciutto and shavings of parmesan cheese. —Liliana
- 2 large tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice proscuitto
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the flesh. Season the inside with salt and pepper. Add two tbsp sauce and ¼ tspn oregano per tomato. Place on the oven tray. Crack an egg into each cavity. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull the tray out and lay the piece of prosciutto on the tray. Return to the oven and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crisp and the eggs are set.
- Place a tomato on each plate, add ripped up shards of prosciutto and top with shavings of parmesan. Season with a little salt and pepper and serve.