If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for this pasta dish is a little Mexican, a little Spanish – but mostly it’s all my most favourite ingredients mixed together. Smoky chorizo, sweet corn, creamy avocado, zesty lemon and of course the holy trinity of garlic, onion and chilli tossed through pasta is a really delicious combination. Avocado is not something you would normally associate with pasta, but it really works here. This dish can be eaten hot, or cold as a salad, so make extra if you like and there’s lunch sorted for tomorrow! The whole thing takes less than 15 minutes to make so it’s great for a quick weeknight meal. —Liliana
- 2 corn cobs, boiled or steamed, OR 1 cup tinned corn kernels
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, finely sliced
- 2 fresh Chorizos, peeled, finely sliced
- 400 grams Orecchiette pasta
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado, peel and stone removed, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- If using corn cobs, run a knife down from top to bottom to remove the corn kernels.
- Tip the olive oil into a large frypan and turn heat onto medium-high. Add the corn kernels, spring onions, chilli, garlic and chorizos and cook, stirring, until chorizo is starting the crisp on the edges. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile cook the orecchiette in plenty of boiling salted water as per packet instructions. Drain, reserving half a cup full of the pasta cooking water.
- Put the frypan back onto the heat and add the drained pasta, half the reserved cooking water and parsley. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, stirring everything together. If the mix is a little dry, add more water. The starch in the water will help the pasta create a sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper and stir again
- Remove from the heat, squeeze in the lemon juice and tumble in the chopped avocado and carefully stir to combine. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.