If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This breakfast sandwich is a great way to use up any turkey and cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving. It's got a little bit of sweet, a little bit of savory, and a lot of satisfying. Recipe along with a blog post is on my website, www.thealiconklin.com!
You'll notice that these ingredients don't really come with measurements. That's because it would make it overly complicated! Use your desired amount of each ingredient on the sandwich and I promise it will come out perfect. —Ali Conklin
Makes: 1 sandwich
slices bread of your choice (I used rye)
olive oil or butter, for frying the egg
salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread slices of your choice. Place on plate.
- Fry the egg in a bit of olive oil or butter over medium heat in a small saucepan to desired doneness. While frying, add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- While egg is frying, layer cheddar cheese on one slice of bread and spread cranberry sauce on the other.
- Place fried egg on top of the cheddar cheese (this will make it slightly melty).
- Add turkey on top of the egg.
- Sprinkle thyme over the turkey.
- Flip cranberry sauce slice over to top the sandwich off. Cut in half and enjoy!