If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good snack mix. My whole family does, and too often you'll find small plastic bags hiding in the nooks of my pantry with various combinations of nuts, seeds, snacky things, and spices, all ready for dumping into bowl or palm for a quick, crunchy pick-me-up. This combination, however, doesn't make it to bag-stage. Once cool, these nuts pull a Houdini - so get yours while they're piping hot and stash them for your own snacking satisfaction! —Jr0717
Makes 3 cups
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup peanuts (I used red-skinned peanuts, but any will do. I find that they have a slightly richer flavor, but maybe I'm nuts.)
- 1 cup cashews (whole or pieces work just fine)
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Espresso
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine the maple syrup, espresso, and spices in a bowl with a spoon or spatula. 3. Add the nuts and toss to coat well. Spread nuts out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, or just until lightly fragrant of cinnamon. Be careful not to burn the nuts!
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Pour small amount into a serving bowl, and take the remaining stash, hide, and enjoy.
More Great Recipes: