If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "Only two things in the world are too serious to be joked about ...pizza and marriage."....my wife loves my quotes. On to business. The filling for this calzone is based on, and similar to, a Giada De Laurentiis recipe. I use "My Go To Pizza Dough"& "Quick Pizza Sauce" recipes. You can use any dough or sauce recipe you choose...if you want to be a poop. This is a little labor intensive, but oh so worth it. —MTDavids
- 1 recipe "My Go To Pizza Dough" (use 1/3 rd and freeze the rest)
- 1 recipe "Quick PIzza Sauce"
- 1 cup diced pepperoni sausage, 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup diced hard salami, 1/4 " dice
- 1 cup diced provolone cheese, 1/4" dice
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese, 1/4" dice
- 1 cup diced havarti or gouda cheese, 1/4" dice
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 large garlic stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 5 large pepperoncini peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil +more for the baking sheet
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- In a small fry pan, cook the pepperoni and salami over medium low heat to render some of the fat. Remove to paper towels and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/4 cup oil, the cheeses, pepperoni, salami, the peppers, onion, and olives. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 13-inch diameter circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Transfer the dough to an oiled heavy baking sheet by Draping half of the dough over the baking sheet.
- Put the cheese mixture on 1 side of the dough leaving a 1-inch border. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg. Fold the unfilled side of the dough over the filling and using the tines of a fork, press the edges together to seal.
- Use remaining beaten egg for a glaze. Using a knife, cut a couple of slits in the top layer of the dough. Bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Cut the calzone into slices and serve with warm Quick Pizza Sauce on the side, if desired.
More Great Recipes: