If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Give this easy Mac N’ Cheese recipe a Mexican twist and hint of heat from LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa. Perfect for the whole family. —Foodie
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa Mild
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 pound dried pasta, (sprial rotini or fusilli hold sauce very well)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Bring large pot of water to boil to cook pasta. Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and whisk until flour is dissolved and begins to turn light golden, about 2 minutes. Add warmed milk and whisk constantly to combine ingredients. Continue whisking and allow sauce to come to a simmer and thicken. Stir in LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa and turn off heat. Add shredded cheese and whisk until cheese is completely melted and sauce is combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When water has come to a boil, add dried pasta and stir well. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well. Return cooked pasta to pot and add cheese sauce, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish and top evenly with breadcrumbs. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly.