If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made from leftover fruit in your holiday sangria, this pie is sure to knock those holly jolly socks right off! —Gina Fontana
Makes 1 pie
- 1 orange
- 2 green apples
- 2 red apples
- 1 packet cranberries
- 3-4 tablespoons arrowroot starch/flour
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2-2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening/vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons ice water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut all your fruit and add it to a sauce pan. Add the sugar and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring frequently. Let it cool while you make the crust
- Make your pie crust by mixing all the crust ingredients in your food processor until a dough forms. Divide the dough in half, and press half of the dough into your pie plate
- Pour the filling into your food processor/blender and blend until smooth ** NOTE: alternatively you could keep the fruit whole
- Use the other half of the dough to lay on top, lattice, or make a fun design! ** NOTE: if making this pie gluten free, the dough isn't as easy to work with, so just be prepared for crumbling
- Bake for 30-40 minutes