Author Notes: Once again, my wife and I put our heads together and created another memorable experience...then we cooked. This is one of our most repeated breakfasts. Please try the Ketchup...it adds a sweetness to the sandwich that balances the olive/onion perfectly. —MTDavids
thin slices of bread
jalapeno stuffed olive finely diced
tablespoons diced onion
oil spray for the pan
freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly spray a large pan and place over medium low heat.
- Butter both sides of each bread slice and toast both sides in the pan. Remove to two serving plates.
- Spread mayo on one slice and ketchup, if using, on the other for each sandwich.
- Spray pan again and increase heat to medium. Melt 1 to 2 teaspoons of butter in pan and saute the onion and olive; one to two minutes.
- Separate the onion/olive mixture into two portions in the pan and break an egg over each, ensuring the yolk is broken. Top with a generous shake of pepper.
- Fry eggs, flipping once. Place on bread and enjoy.