If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Only a few ingredients whisked by hand to form the perfect, decadent, gooey filling. The perfect holiday pie!
Original post at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/12/13/chocolate-chess-pie/ —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
Makes 1 pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, heaping
- 5 ounces evaporated milk (1 can)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, cocoa powder, evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges are set and the center of the pie is still slightly jiggly. Place the pie plate on a rack to cool slightly before serving. May be served hot, cold, or at room temperature. Enjoy! Adapted from Handle the Heat