If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was brought home by our daughter, Kacie after a cooking class at Young Chef's Academy here in Austin. I tweaked to include orange flavorings and it made for a perfect alternative to coffee cake to serve at brunch or a gathering. Word of Caution: very moist and delicious. —cakillgore
Makes appx. 20 pieces
cups Salted Butter, Softened
cups All-Purpose Flour
tablespoons Baking Powder
cups Yogurt (Plain Greek)
Zest of One Orange
cups Confectioners Sugar (mixed with Juice of Zested Orange, Water and Orange Extract) to drizzle over cake when done.
- 1-Preheat oven to 300° F. Prepare 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2-In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and egg yolks, one at a time.
- 3-In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- 4-Alternately combine flour mixture and yogurt to the butter mixture. Slowly mixing until smooth. Fold in grated orange zest.
- 5-Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake at 300° F for 45 minutes.
- 6-Remove from oven and pour mixed confectioner’s sugar on cake while warm. (I poke small holes w/toothpicks in cake to let topping soak in).
- 7-Allow to cool. Cut into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe