If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just in time for holiday dinners, The Confidante Miami Beach is offering an Eggnog Yule Log recipe to make the perfect sweet treat at home. If in Miami, make sure to stop at The Confidante's signature restaurant, Bird & Bone by Chef Richard Hales, which will be serving the dish as the closing compliment to a holiday meal on Christmas and New Year’s Day. —Staff
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 half sheet trays with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray.
- Sift flour into a medium bowl add baking powder, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- On a double boiler combine the eggs, brown sugar and salt, whisk until warm.
- Transfer to a stand mixer, whisk on medium speed for 5 minutes until foamy and light, turn to high speed until ribbony and thick.
- Reduce speed to medium, drizzle oil followed by the booze and vanilla. Sprinkle flour and gently incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Spread on baking sheets and bake until it feels firm to the touch about 15 min, take out and cover with aluminum foil immediately.
- Cool down at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups pastry cream
- 2 cups ganache
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- meringue mushrooms
- Combine all filling ingredients and warm to spreadable consistency.
- Remove the foil from the cake, spoon the filling evenly on to the cake leaving 1 inch margin all around the edges.
- Roll the cake starting from the long side using the parchment paper, position the rolled up cake seam side down.
- Cover the surface with more ganache.
- Refrigerate until ganache has hardened.
- Cut 3 to 4 inch pieces on the bias.
- Decorate with meringue mushrooms.