Author Notes: I created this after a walnut vendor told me he blended tangerines and walnuts together to use as a salad dressing. The idea is very simple and a great base for whatever you might like to add! —beyondcelery
Makes: 6 oz
Tangerines or Mandarin oranges
tablespoon Olive oil
teaspoon Apple cider vinegar (optional)
Salt to taste
- Peel tangerines, pulling most of the white strings off and separating the sections. Remove any seeds.
- Add tangerine sections, walnuts, and olive oil to a spice grinder or small blender. A food processor would work too.
- Blend till smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil if it isn't blending easily, but the juice from the tangerines should be enough.
- Season to taste, with salt and apple cider vinegar. Sometimes the vinegar is needed if the citrus is very sweet. Sometimes it's nice to leave it out.
- Toss over your favorite salad. I recommend spinach with nuts and dried cranberries.