If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a salad I always make in August and early September when the tomatoes and corn are the most amazing. The corn should be cooked first and cooled while you prepare the other ingredients. —sweet enough
- 4 ears of corn, husked and kernels cut from the cob
- 4 medium size tomotoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, or not if you like them
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and chopped or torn
- 1/3 cup plus two tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- put two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium high head and saute the corn for about two to three minutes. keep it moving in the pan so it does not brown. remove and set aside.
- after the corn has cooled, place all of the ingredients into a salad bowl and gently toss in the olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper.