If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tortellini with Roasted Tomato Vodka Sauce is an easy foolproof recipe that’s perfect for the weekday or weeknight meals. The vodka sauce is a delicious combination of roasted tomato, onion, and garlic. I added bacon to the sauce because bacon. Top off the meal with burrata cheese and you have an outstanding recipe that’s sure to please! —Christina Hartnett
- 5-7 tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 white onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 pieces bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup vodka, I used Skyy
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 14 ounces tortellini I used DaVinci multicolor tortellini
- 1 ball of burrata cheese per serving
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Place the halved tomatoes, the whole garlic, and the chopped onion on the cookie sheet. Generously drizzle the vegetables with olive oil then season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 30-50 minutes or until caramelized. My oven is old so it's not as powerful as some. I roasted my vegetables for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven. Pour them into a food processor or blender. Blend the roasted vegetables until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until they are crispy, roughly 7-8 minutes. Carefully discard most of the bacon grease but leave approx a tablespoon. You can eyeball it.
- Carefully add the vodka and cook until the liquid reduces to half, roughly 5 minutes.
- Now add the pureed roasted vegetables and the sugar, stir until everything is well combined. Turn the heat down to low and allow the sauce to simmer for 1 hour (longer if you have time).
- While the sauce is simmering make the tortellini according to the manufactures instructions. Once the pasta is cooked and drained add it to the sauce and stir until all the pasta is coated with the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Note, burrata cheese is salty so you may not need additional salt.
- Serve the pasta in bowls then top with burrata cheese and fresh basil.
More Great Recipes: