If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fancy enough to entertain, but easy enough for Tuesday! This salmon satisfies with crunchy nuts and a baked on sauce. —The Buttery Babe, Emily Kutchins Adler
Sauce and Crust
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1.5 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- .5 teaspoons Kosher salt
- .25 teaspoons black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Mix everything except for the hazelnuts together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 4 pieces salmon, 6 oz each
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450*F. Warm a large, oven proof skillet over medium-high. Rub the flesh side of the salmon with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon, flesh side down, in the hot skillet. Season the other side of the salmon. Let the salmon cook until it has a deep brown crust.
- Carefully flip the salmon. Turn the flame under the skillet off. Spread the mayo mixture evenly over the fish and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts. Gently pat the nuts in place. Put the skillet in the oven and roast the salmon until cooked thru, about 10 minutes.