If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by the classic tomato, butter, and onion tomato sauce but has a bit more depth of flavor with the addition of a parmesan rind, cayenne, and sugar. —Leslie
- 1 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 onion, cut up into 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 parmesan rind
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- In a medium sized sauce pan add all of the ingredients.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Once it comes to a simmer, lower to heat to low.
- Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Mix every 10 minutes.
- After 1 hour, take out the onions and parmesan rind.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.