If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicate and light slice with a decadent caramel sauce —Alannah | Kale Mary
Makes 8 slices
For the slice
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dates, soaked and chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba, whisked into soft peaks
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup dates, soaked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix almond meal, coconut sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Add dates, water, coconut oil and aquafaba. The mixture will be quite wet, as it is essential for the slice to be moist.
- Pour into a lined tray and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until top is golden and knife comes out clean.
- To make the sauce, heat coconut milk, coconut sugar and chopped dates over a low-to-medium heat. Remove from heat when sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over slice. Best enjoyed warm.