If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic blondies re-done and amped up with protein and fiber, but still sweet as ever and topped with a creamy dark chocolate frosting. —Hungry Haley
For the blondies
- 15 ounces can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (I recommend peeling the skins off, too)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the dark chocolate frosting
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 8x4 baking pan with coconut oil.
- Toss the chickpeas, almond butter, and maple syrup in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, oat flour, and sea salt and pulse again until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and use a spatula to spread (it will be thick). Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prepare the frosting by melting the chocolate chips either in the microwave or using a double-boiler. Stir in the almond butter and cool slightly.
- Pour the frosting over the cooled blondies and refrigerate until the frosting is firm (about 2-3 hours).
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: