If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was too cold to grill last night so I prepped this version of chicken with tomato salad. —Kingfishercooks
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 ounces Diced pancetta
- 1 Medium white onion, chopped
- 3 Large garlic cloves, peeled, smashed and cut into quarters
- 4 Skin on bone in organic chicken thighs
- 1.5 tablespoons Lemon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons Good olive oil
- 2 Sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Chopped basil
- 1.5 cups Cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat 1 T of olive oil in pan. Add the pancetta and cook until starting to brown, about 8 minutes
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Scrape the pancetta and onion mixture into bottom of a roasting dish that will fit the thighs snugly.
- Generously salt and pepper the thighs and cook them on medium high heat skin side down until browned. About 4 minutes. Then turn and cook other side until browned.
- Nestle the browned chicken thighs into the onion, garlic and pancetta mixture. Tuck the Rosemary and basil around the thighs. Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Whisk the vinegar and the oil until emulsified and pour over the chicken.
- Put into the oven and cook about 45 minutes. Let it rest for 10, tented.