If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookie bars are no joke—buttery, chocolatey, and everything else a cookie should be, but in bar form!
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate bar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and 8x8 baking pan with butter (or oil).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand- or stand-mixer on high until smooth and fluffy. Add in the egg, nut butter and vanilla - one at a time - and beat again until incorporated. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and stir. Slowly scoop spoonfuls of the dry ingredient mixture into the large bowl of butter-sugar-egg mixture. Keep the mixing speed on low to prevent flour from flying everywhere. Mix until just combined and gently fold in the chocolate bar chunks and nuts.
- Transfer the batter into the greased baking pan and lightly press it to evenly spread throughout the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.