If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From The Two Fat Ladies Ride Again. —Alison Lynne Sinkewicz
- 4 pints mussels
- 6 tablespoons white bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash and scrape the mussels throughly under cold running water and remove the beards. Put mussels in a pan, without any water, and heat until the shells open. (Any that main unopened must be discarded.) Discard the empty shells and loosen the mussels from the other shells. Arrange the mussels, in the bottom shell halves, in a cooking tray. Mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, chives, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture over each mussel and leave for about half an hour before cooking.
- Put the mussels under a preheated broiler for just a few minutes to brown the crumb mixture and form a crust over the mussels. Try not to overcook.