If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is very simple one pot recipe I make it in slow cooker. If I need it at lunch time put all the ingredients in the slow cooker at night and set the timer for 5am, by the time you are done with all other stuff your Raajma curry is ready. This dish is very popular in Northern India.
It goes very well with rice.
- 2 cups Kidney beans
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Grated ginger
- 2 chopped Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Whole black pepper
- 4 Cloves
- 2 small piece Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 5 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 2 pieces Whole dry red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dry mango powder
- Wash kidney beans with water, let them soak in water while you chop onion,tomato ginger and garlic. Get your slow cooker ready put kidney beans with all the ingredients except oil, cumin seeds and red pepper. Turn on the slow cooker on high, Let it cook for 5 hours, give it nice stir By this time beans be very well cooked with onions and tomatoes let it cook for an hour on slow setting. It should have the consistency of vegetable chili. Cooking time may vary due to heat settings of slow cooker you may have to cook for 6 hours on high, you be the judge for that.
- When you are ready to serve heat oil in a small pan, add the cumin and red chilies to the oil when it turns little brown color turn off heat, add this to the kidney beans in slow cooker, now add the mango powder for sweet tangyness.
- You can get mango powder from Indian grocery store.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe