If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Turkish red lentil soup made quickly and easily in the instant pot. This version is adapted from the webstie, Ozlem's Turkish Table, for the Instant Pot. —Desert Cooking
tablespoons Olive Oil
cup Red Lentils
tablespoons High Quality Tomato Paste
tablespoons Butter or Olive Oil if vegan
Red pepper flakes to taste
Lemons cut into wedges
- Using the "Sauté Mode" cook the onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the red lentils, bulgur, rice and 6 cups of (preferably hot) water.
- Press "Off" then press "Manual" and set for 7 minutes of high pressure.
- After 7 minutes, release the steam (you can also wait for natural release if you prefer).
- Add the tomato paste, red pepper paste, dried mint, and butter. Stir until well mixed and the soup has thickened (5-7 minutes).
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges.