If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My spouse is from Hawaii and often misses the traditional food found on the islands. This is my drop and leave version of shoyu chicken. —Morgan
- 6 Chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups Soy sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tablespoons Chopped garlic
- 1 bunch Green scallions
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Put water, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a Dutch oven.
- Add chicken thighs and cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Put Dutch oven in oven and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes depending on size and whether bone in or bone out chicken.
- Remove chicken and serve with white rice. Use sauce as desired for amazing rice drizzle. Top with chopped scallions for some vegetable, jk it’s pretty and taste good.