If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ultimate "set it and forget it" comfort food, this one dish wonder showcases bone-in chicken thighs, bell peppers and white wine, adding oomph to your usual tomato sauce. —Brooke F.
bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
medium bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), sliced into ½-inch wide strips
small yellow onion, thinly sliced
ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
cloves garlic, minced
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
ounces can whole (or crushed) tomatoes
cup dry white wine
sprigs fresh oregano
Chopped parsly, to finish
For serving: cooked rice, pasta or a hunk of warm, crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add sliced peppers, mushrooms, garlic and onions to a large casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp of each) and toss.
- If using whole tomatoes, crush by hand. Pour crushed tomatoes and juices over the vegetables. Add white wine and sprigs of fresh oregano.
- Pat the chicken with a paper towel to dry, season with salt and pepper (about 3/4 tsp of each) and place over sauce and vegetables, skin side up. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken skin is cooked through and juices are running clear.
- Remove oregano stems and serve with cooked rice, pasta or a hunk of warm, crusty bread. Finish with chopped fresh parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe