If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Paprika Chicken with Chickpeas and Fennel recipe ticks all the midweek meal boxes. Easy, quick and delicious. Combine the ingredients in a pan, 20 minutes in the oven and dinner is ready. Adapted from Donna Hay —heinstirred
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 grams tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 milliliters smoked paprika
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 250 milliliters chicken stock
- 250 milliliters pouring cream
- 15 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- fresh oregano leaves, to serve
- dukkah, to serve
- Preheat oven to 250°C
- Place the fennel, garlic, chickpeas, paprika, salt and pepper in a deep-sided roasting pan
- Add the stock and cream and mix to combine
- Brush the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place on top of the fennel mixture
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through
- Sprinkle with the oregano and dukkah to serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe