If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sunday supper has never been easier. I created this easy recipe over 25 years ago and has become a favorite among family and friends. Even if you are not a fan of horseradish, which I am not, you’ll be very surprised. It’s an amazing combination. Hope you enjoy it as well!😋 —BerryBaby
3-4 lb Boneless Chuck Roast
tablespoons Prepared horseradish (Hot or mild)
teaspoon Sea salt
Red or Yukon Gold potatoes
tablespoon Olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
- Oven 350 degrees.
- Pat roast dry. Place in large casserole or a Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle the roast with allspice and salt.
- Spread the horseradish all over the top of the roast.
- Slice onion into 4 quarters and separate the pieces. Place around the roast.
- Do not add any liquid.
- Cover the roast with lid and roast for 2 hours. Do not lift lid until done!
- Carrots/potatoes. Use a baking sheet and rub it with olive oil.
- Cut potatoes (do not peel) into quarters. Peel and cut carrots into 2” pieces.
- Place potatoes and carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- After the roast has been in the oven for one hour, put the vegetables on the lowest rack and roast for one hour.
- Take roast out and let it rest for 15 minutes, remove lid.
- Serve with vegetables and juice (which will have an amazing onion flavor)
- NOTE: Vegetables can be made in with the roast but I personally like the caramelized vegetables better. I sometimes turn the broiler on while the roast is resting for extra browning..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe