Author Notes: Sunday supper has never been easier. I created this easy recipe over 25 years ago and has become a favorite among family and friends. Even if you are not a fan of horseradish, which I am not, you’ll be very surprised. It’s an amazing combination. Hope you enjoy it as well!😋 —BerryBaby
3-4 lb Boneless Chuck Roast
tablespoons Prepared horseradish (Hot or mild)
teaspoon Sea salt
Red or Yukon Gold potatoes
tablespoon Olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
- Oven 350 degrees.
- Pat roast dry. Place in large casserole or a Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle the roast with allspice and salt.
- Spread the horseradish all over the top of the roast.
- Slice onion into 4 quarters and separate the pieces. Place around the roast.
- Do not add any liquid.
- Cover the roast with lid and roast for 2 hours. Do not lift lid until done!
- Carrots/potatoes. Use a baking sheet and rub it with olive oil.
- Cut potatoes (do not peel) into quarters. Peel and cut carrots into 2” pieces.
- Place potatoes and carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- After the roast has been in the oven for one hour, put the vegetables on the lowest rack and roast for one hour.
- Take roast out and let it rest for 15 minutes, remove lid.
- Serve with vegetables and juice (which will have an amazing onion flavor)
- NOTE: Vegetables can be made in with the roast but I personally like the caramelized vegetables better. I sometimes turn the broiler on while the roast is resting for extra browning..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe