If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe became too expensive to reproduce by the Miami Bake Shoppe in Southfield, Michigan back in the late 1960s and about 20 years ago I found the recipe tucked in a used cookbook I purchased. This is the most delicate chocolate chip cookie known to mankind, no, really it is exceptional and makes a wonderful gift! —Denay
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (miniature)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (Middle oven rack)
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 12-15 minutes)
- Add egg yolks and extract. Beat well.
- Stir flour and salt together.
- Add flour to egg and sugar mixture.
- Dough will be soft.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to ¼ to ½ inch in thickness
- Cut dough with 1 to 3 inch round cookie/biscuit cutters (Depending on the size cookie you desire)
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until delicately browned on edges