Author Notes: The recipe became too expensive to reproduce by the Miami Bake Shoppe in Southfield, Michigan back in the late 1960s and about 20 years ago I found the recipe tucked in a used cookbook I purchased. This is the most delicate chocolate chip cookie known to mankind, no, really it is exceptional and makes a wonderful gift! —Denay
teaspoon almond extract
cups cake flour
cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (miniature)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (Middle oven rack)
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 12-15 minutes)
- Add egg yolks and extract. Beat well.
- Stir flour and salt together.
- Add flour to egg and sugar mixture.
- Dough will be soft.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to ¼ to ½ inch in thickness
- Cut dough with 1 to 3 inch round cookie/biscuit cutters (Depending on the size cookie you desire)
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until delicately browned on edges