If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a kid, I would eat Oreos by the boxful with a quart of milk on the side. One by one, they would fall and be consumed by me until the entire box was gone. Such is the power of the Oreo. For this recipe, I use incredible top- grade Japanese matcha from Kyoto (but it’s ok to use regular matcha too) and Valrhona’s 40% Jivara Lactee for an earthy, tannic and sweet combination that is sublime in taste and texture. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use your hands. This is a “cut-in” butter dough, which means you literally cut the butter into the dough until you see little pockets of butter throughout before mixing into a combined mass. Let the dough rest, roll out and bake. This is just one of fifty-six creations in Lickerland: Asian-Accented Desserts by Jason Licker available on Www.JasonLicker.com —Jason Licker
- 200 grams Butter (Cut Into Small Square, Ice Cold)
- 120 grams Almond Flour
- 40 grams Icing Sugar
- 40 grams Eggs Yolks
- 2 grams Salt
- 340 grams All Purpose Flour
- 20 grams Matcha Powder (Ceremonial Grade)
- In a stand mixer, mix all the ingredients until they are just combined.
- Remove, wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.5cm (0.2 inch). Cut with a ring cutter with a diameter of 3.81cm (1.5 inch).
- Place the cookies on a lined sheet pan and bake at 155C (311F) just until color starts showing on the edges and the bottom, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool at room temperature.
Milk Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 84 grams Heavy Cream
- 11 grams Glucose or Corn Syrup
- 212 grams Milk Chocolate (I prefer Valrhona 40% Jivara Lactee Milk Chocolate)
- 7.5 grams Butter (Room Temperature)
- In a small-sized saucepan, boil the cream and glucose. Slowly pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and emulsify with either an immersion blender or spatula.
- Add the butter and blend until emulsified.
- Pour into a small container and reserve aside until set.
- Place the milk chocolate ganache in a piping bag with a star tip and begin making your Matcha Oreos.