Author Notes: A gluten free birthday cake filling recipe for any macaron shells from Michelle's Macarons —Michelle Adams
Makes: filling for 40 macarons
cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
tablespoons light brown sugar (packed)
cups powdered sugar
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
teaspoon butter extract
teaspoons vanilla pudding mix
teaspoons whole milk powder
In This Recipe
- Using the paddle attachment in a stand mixer, add the butter and brown sugar and whip together on high speed until light and fluffy. Don't skip this. The mixture should be very fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and turn the mixer on low, scraping down the sides occasionally. Once the ingredients are combined, turn it up to high and beat until fluffy.
- Put the filling into a piping bag and pipe onto macaron shells. Any classic macaron shell works.
- Sandwich a macaron shell on top and refrigerate.
- They are good in the fridge for about a week, but can be frozen for a few months. For best results, bring to room temperature before eating.