If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A gluten free birthday cake filling recipe for any macaron shells from Michelle's Macarons —Michelle Adams
Makes filling for 40 macarons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla pudding mix
- 4 teaspoons whole milk powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Using the paddle attachment in a stand mixer, add the butter and brown sugar and whip together on high speed until light and fluffy. Don't skip this. The mixture should be very fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and turn the mixer on low, scraping down the sides occasionally. Once the ingredients are combined, turn it up to high and beat until fluffy.
- Put the filling into a piping bag and pipe onto macaron shells. Any classic macaron shell works.
- Sandwich a macaron shell on top and refrigerate.
- They are good in the fridge for about a week, but can be frozen for a few months. For best results, bring to room temperature before eating.