Author Notes: Awesome easy almost cooks itself who would have thought about cornbread as a brunch bread pudding! —Teresa Hicks
Any cornbread mix, i use martha white gluten free mix
Package real bacon bits
cups Half and half
cup Maple syrup
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix cornbread mix as directed but add 1/4 cup more milk than package says. Total milk will be 3/4 cup
- Bake as directed on package
- After cornbread has baked, remove from oven and turn oven down to 300 degrees. Whip eggs, half and half, maple syrup and salt. Spoon out cornbread into large bowl. Pour mixture over cornbread, let sit for 5 mi . Stir in about 1/3 of bacon bits. Pour all into baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or till done.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle as much of the remaining bacon bits as you want. Pour more syrup on each serving. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe