Author Notes: After my Mom made this pulled pork for my family, they haven't stopped asking for it since! It's sweet, smoky, tangy, and delicious! It's also super simple. We like to eat it on a bun with coleslaw, but it is just as good on it's own! —Lauren Glasby
pounds Pork Shoulder
BBQ/Pork Rub (or make your own!)
cups Apple Juice
ounces Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (plus more for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. While the oven is heating up, trim the fat off the pork shoulder.
- Massage the rub all over the meat, making sure to cover the entire piece. Pour the apple juice into the bottom of the dish. Place the pork shoulder into a pyrex dish or crock pot and seal with foil or a lid.
- Put the dish into the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 350F. Cook for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is completely tender and falling apart.
- Discard all the juices except for 3 tablespoons. Shred the meat and remove any fatty pieces. Mix the reserved juices and 16oz of BBQ sauce into the meat.
- Return to the oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe