If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is so simple but so delicious. Flavored with rosemary and thyme, this will warm you up from the inside out. This soup is perfectly paired with some crusty bread. —Andrea Lane | The Nourishing Lane
- 1 tablespoon Oil (Avocado)
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (796 mL)
- 1.5 cups Red Lentils
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1.5 cups Kale, Destemmed and cut into ribbons
- Saute vegetables over medium heat in avocado oil until they begin to soften, add garlic and continue to sweat.
- Add herbs, bay leaves, lentils, stock and tomatoes, bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are softened. Add kale and stir until wilted and softened.
- Season soup with salt and pepper, remove sprigs of thyme and rosemary and bay leaves before serving.