If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smashed Beef & Bacon Casserole is a simple dish that can easily be thrown together quick. It is loaded with potatoes, beef,bacon, onions and cheese. A great weeknight dish that is sure to please! —Laurie Brooks
Serves: 6 - 8
pounds lean ground beef
cup bacon jam
cloves garlic, diced
salt and pepper to taste
packet instant gravy mix
large potatoes, cleaned and peeled
cup cheddar cheese
- In a skillet saute onions and garlic, then add ground beef. Cook until brown.
- Cook potatoes (washed and peeled) in boiling water until fork ready. Drain the potatoes leaving 1 cup of the water set aside.
- Add to the meat mixture : 2 tablespoons bacon jam, 1/2 - 1 cup of potato water and the gravy mix.
- Smash the potatoes with milk, butter, salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon cheese and the remainder of bacon jam. Mix all together.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a baking / casserole dish, put the meat mixture in first then add the potatoes.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes until cheese is nice and melted.