If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So this Baby Potato Roast recipe is my latest addition to my potato love. —Lathiya
Serves 4 people
- 1/2 pound Baby Potato
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- dashes Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Channa Dal
- sprigs Curry Leaves
- dashes Salt
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- Microwave baby potatoes for 10 minutes. Alternatively you can partially cook in boiling water on stove top.
- Peel the skin and prick potatoes with fork or tooth pick. Cut the potatoes if any is bigger.
- Add spice powders to potatoes and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Crackle mustard seeds and add channa dal.
- When channa dal turns golden add chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Once the onions turns translucent, add the marinated potatoes.
- Let it cook in medium flame. Add required salt.
- Stir potatoes occasionally. Cook till the potatoes turns golden.