If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From my cookbook Dutch Feast
TK —Emily Wight
- 1 tablespoon canola or other neutral oil
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons room temperature butter
- 2 thick slices soft white or dark rye bread
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 ounce (25g) thinly sliced gouda cheese
- 2 ounces (50g) thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In a frying pan on high, heat oil. Crack egg(s) into pan. Once the whites begin to turn opaque, about 30 seconds, put pan into oven and turn off heat. Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter both slices of bread, and spread mustard on 1 slice. Pile cheese, ham, and tomato slices on bread. Sprinkle tomatoes with a pinch of black pepper.
- Place cooked egg on tomato slices, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and another pinch of pepper, if desired.
- Top with a second slice of bread, then eat the whole thing standing over the kitchen sink before heading straight to bed.
More Great Recipes: